Many of you know me as a Tai Chi Teacher, however, there is a secret about me that you might not know – I am a great natural healer. As a young girl I was lucky enough to work alongside with some elders of my village, that includes my beloved adopted grandfather who was a barefoot doctor. They knew the secrets of Chinese Guasha & Cupping and I was personally taught the techniques and benefits of holistic Chinese medicine by them. I now share through my massage practice and Tai Chi lessons a full range of traditional practices to help to make your life more liveable, by relieving some of the aches, pains, stresses and strains that everyday life can cause.
Remedial Massage, Cupping, Guasha & Dry Needling
Chunmei Yang - A Traditional Chinese Health Practitioner
I am a Natural Healer
"After years of a bad back and other issues I found Chunmei who one time did what 2 Chiropractors and 3 Physios and numerous massage therapists couldn't, I feel the best I have in 35 years. Chunmei's knowledge of traditional Chinese medicine and massage is exceptional and I can't recommended her highly enough. I am now a regular and very happy."
“I have been receiving weekly massage treatment from Chunmei for 8 months…. I suffer strong back pain with nerve damage from MS… I have lived with this uncomfortable condition for 35 years… Since I started seeing Chunmei the pain has definitely reduced and also other symptoms such as incontinence has also improved…I have tried numerous other massage therapists and non of them were ever successful in assisting me as Chunmei has…She is rare and a natural healer…I feel tremendously blessed to have discovered her…She also provides a most congenial and genuine environment to receive the treatment which is great… I can’t say enough how mush I appreciate what she is doing for me…Highly recommended.”
“I have had back pain for many years, and have never had anyone relieve it, until I went to Chunmei. She has worked on my knotted back and I’m finally getting some relief. Having a combination of western and Chinese medicine and knowledge of Acupuncture point means you actually get a proper massage. I highly recommend her.”
“I have tried many massage therapists and mostly been disappointed. Then I found Chunmei. ..happy happy days. She is truly gifted and has helped me gain relief from knee and back pain specifically. In my opinion she has magic fingers and does wonders with them. I recommend her to everyone.”
“The hour that I spent with Chunmei was an incredible healing experience. I really cannot praise her enough for the relief she has given my tired and sore hands; as well as the way she has loosened up my neck and shoulders. Chunmei you are so professional and yet make me feel so welcome. I will definitely be returning. Thank you so much for you kindness. ”
“I had been having problems with my right shoulder and arm from working in a commercial kitchen and I looked for a massage online and found Chunmei. Found a connection because I love Taichi. Chunmei didn’t only fix my shoulder and arm, but I believe she also made me quit smoking (6 months ago). Thank you, Chunmei! I highly recommend your service to anyone who is having problems with body & soul.”
“I absolutely love attending Chunmei’s Tai Chi classes. Chunmei is an excellent instructor who combines fun and humour with her passion to teach and improve her students’ lives. Chunmei has also given me the most amazing massages at her clinic. I have suffered with a frozen shoulder since a fall I had in May of this year, and Chunmei’s healing hands are helping me tremendously with my recovery. I highly recommend getting a massage from Chunmei for either a specific injury, stress reduction or just to relax and treat yourself!! She is also accredited with all healthcare funds.”
“I am fortunate to have had several massages with Chunmei. She creates a safe, non-threatening environment which fosters confidence in her clients. Chunmei’s professional and caring attitude is an added bonus. My sense of well-being has been enhanced thanks to Chunmei’s massage expertise.”
“Chunmei is a wonderful Tai Chi instructor – I highly recommend her and as a bonus she is an amazing masseuse- don’t know what I would do without her magic hands and lovely and caring nature – oh and you can claim on your private health too.”
“I had THE BEST MASSAGE. I had THE BEST SLEEP…7 hours. …Thank you for the care and magic through your hands. Still feeling relaxed… amazing.”
Cupping & Guasha
As a traditional Chinese Health Practicioner and as a Qualified Remedial Massage Therapist (Dip of Remedial Massage: Member of Massage & Myotherapy Australia), all Health Fund Rebates are available. HICAPS is available, so you can claim on spot and only pay for the difference.
Remedial massage is used to aid recovery from the injuries caused by the strains of everyday life, including postural problems and repetitive stress injuries.
Traditional Chinese fire cupping helps with muscle pain, inflammation, blood flow and general body relaxation as a form of deep tissue message.
Practitioners believe that gua sha releases unhealthy bodily matter from blood stasis within sore, tired, stiff or injured muscle areas to stimulate new oxygenated blood flow to the areas, thus promoting metabolic cell repair, regeneration, healing and recovery.
Dry needling treats muscle tissue, and its goal is to reduce pain, inactivate trigger points and restore function. It rarely is a standalone procedure. Rather, it often is part of a broader physical therapy approach incorporating other traditional physical therapy interventions into treatment.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR MASSAGE
For the best results please follow the guidelines for before, during and after your treatment
Health Benefits of Remedial Massage
- Increase blood flow resulting in nutrition delivery to healing tissue
- Reduced scar tissue and risk of injury recurrence
- Relief of muscle tension around joints, alleviating aches
- Increased mobility and flexibility
- Reduced neck, back and shoulder pain
- Maintained and improved muscle condition
- Improved relaxation and general wellbeing
- Improved posture
- Improved lymphatic flow
- Improved immune system functioning
- Reduced inflammation
- Improved sleep
- Improved parasympathetic nervous system
Benefits of Cupping
- Reduces Anxiety
- Reduce stretch marks and scars
- Improve varicose and spider veins
- Clears congestion
- Treatment for Asthma
- Aids in Digestion
Benefits of Guasha
- Tones, firms and lifts sagging skin
- Reduces inflammation, puffiness and dark circles
- Brightens the complexion
- Minimises fine lines and softens deep wrinkles
- Diminishes blemishes and redness
- Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin
- Regenerates facial tissue
- Relieves tension and reduces pain
- Increases the skin’s ability to absorb vital nutrients
- Purifies tissue and oxygenates skin
- Regulates the free flow of qi and blood
How to Prepare
- Drink plenty of water both before and after your massage to ensure your body is properly hydrated.
- Relax your muscles with a hot shower before your massage.
- Eating just before a massage can lead to an uncomfortable bloated feeling. Save lunch for afterwards.
- Let me know of any injuries or allergies you may have prior to your appointment.
- Let me know when something hurts or doesn’t feel right during the massage.
- Making massage part of your regular routine can lower your risk of muscular injury, while helping to keep you mentally and physically relaxed.
- If you’re going to exercise, do it beforehand, not afterwards. Working out afterwards can come with an increased risk of muscular stress, strain and injury, so take it easy for 24 hours.
- Skip that coffee and grab a green tea. Coffee is a diuretic, and massage can be dehydrating. Take care of your body and choose something calming and rehydrating afterwards. Coffee can also tense up muscles that you’ve just relaxed.
About Dry Needling
45 Mins $87
60 Mins $111
75 Mins $137
75 Mins $137
90 Mins $167
120 Mins $222
120 Mins $222
REMEDIAL MASSAGE & QI GONG
45 minutes RM + 30 minutes Qi Gong = $137
60 minutes RM + 30 minutes Qi Gong = $167
Free Dry Needle
Free Dry Needle